Pathway tools overview
Pathway Tools is a software package which provides powerful visualization solutions for systems biology. Pathway Tools was developed by Peter D. Karp and coworkers at the Bioinformatics Research Group at SRI International.
One uses Pathway Tools to develop an organism-specific pathway/genome database (PGDB). In this instance a PGDB was created for B. infantis ATCC15697 (Binfcyc).
Some features of Pathway Tools include:
- Display and browse metabolic pathways integrated into networks.
- A genome browser which displays predicted operons.
- Where experimental data exists, one could integrate expression data to develop a regulon-level understanding of the organism.
- Similarly, other visual analyses of omics data can be overlayed onto metabolic or regulatory networks or the whole genome.
- Also, additional PGDBs can be downloaded for comparative genomic purposes
For more information, please visit the Pathway Tools website.
B. infantis PGDB