The International Milk Genomics Consortium (IMGC) has issued a call for presentation, poster abstracts and student travel award applications for the 15th International Symposium on Milk Genomics & Human Health, which will be held November 13-15, 2018 at the Kimpton Sawyer Hotel in Sacramento, California USA.
The three day event will bring together international experts in nutrition, genomics, bioinformatics and milk research to discuss and share the latest research.
The program will include both industry and academic sessions, with session topics including:
• Microbiome – from Farm to Consumer
• The genetics of milk production – from Tools/Resources to Discoveries
• Fantastical structures in milk—Milk fat globules, Micelles, and More
• Comparative and evolutionary biology of milk
• Human milk composition and effects on offspring
Abstracts can be submitted for the following categories:
Student Travel Awards
Technical Research Poster
• All submissions require a brief description of no more than 600 words.
• All presentations must be in English.
• Save your abstract with the submitting author’s last name before uploading file.
• Have title, authors, and affiliations listed on abstract.
• Clearly indicate what results are of research described/presented, or if a new resource or technology is being discussed indicate that in abstract.
Oral Presentations- Application Deadline has passed
In addition to the oral presentation, chosen speakers will be required to submit a full PowerPoint presentation for posting on the IMGC website. Those who are chosen to give an oral presentation will be reimbursed for travel expenses including airfare, hotel accommodations and ground transportation, as well as receive complimentary registration in the symposium.
Student Travel Awards- Application Deadline has passed
The IMGC Student Travel Award is open to all graduate and Ph.D. students working in the field of dairy science and/or genomics. The winning candidate(s) will receive travel expenses including airfare, hotel accommodations, and complimentary registration for the International Symposium on Milk Genomics & Human Health. They will be required to make an oral presentation of their paper during the symposium session and present a poster on the selected abstract. They will also be required to submit a full PowerPoint presentation for posting on the IMGC website.
Technical Research Poster- Application Deadline, October 1, 2018
Poster presenters must attend the event to present his/her poster or appoint a colleague who is attending to present on their behalf. Poster presenters will be responsible for their own travel and registration expenses.